The Dr. Margaret Rust Women’s Diversity Scholarship Endowment
The purpose of this bequest is to establish the Dr. Margaret Rust Women’s Diversity Scholarship, which is intended to support women of color attending the Community College of Denver (CCD).
To be considered for this scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
• Intended for a woman of color who is a first-generation student (first in her family to go to college).
• Undocumented students are welcome to apply.
• Applicants must demonstrate financial need by submitting the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) or Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) and by writing a Statement of Need (Essay Format)
• Must be pursuing a degree, certificate or credential at CCD
• Enrolled full time (minimum of 12 credit hours) with a plan to graduate CCD within two years
• Maintain a 2.5 GPA each semester
• Agree to participate in at least three scholar success activities (new student orientation, regular meetings with an advisor, and study/financial skills seminars offered free to students at CCD)
• This is a $5,000 scholarship paid out over the two-years the student is enrolled at CCD, leading to a degree, certificate, or credential ($1250 per semester), assuming the student continues to meet the criteria.
• If the student does not meet the ongoing criteria (satisfactory academic progress (SAP), GPA 2.5, and full-time enrollment), the scholarship will be offered to another student in the next academic cycle
• Applicants must submit an online scholarship application to CCD by the announced deadline
• If awarded, accept the scholarship’s terms and conditions and submit a thank you letter by Census Day