Kingdom Enlightenment Scholarship
The Kingdom Enlightenment Scholarship Foundation (KESF) was founded by Stephen S. Fredericks through his last Will and Testament. Steve died of malignant melanoma on April 13, 1991 at the young age of 34. Steve grew up in Southeast Denver, graduated from John F. Kennedy High School and attended college in Arizona. He later worked as a golf pro in Texas and it was about this time when Steve was diagnosed with cancer.
For years he had anguished over the injustice in the world and the disparity between the rich and poor. With the short amount of time he had left he wanted to do something about it. He volunteered at the Denver Street School and also began to counsel troubled youths at the Gilliam Youth Service Center where he discovered that the majority of them were minorities and came from poor families.
Before he passed, Steve created this scholarship program to help educate the less fortunate young people in our society and hopefully break the poverty cycle. Since 1992, KESF has provided over half a million dollars to support recent graduates of Colorado high schools with demonstrated financial need to attend CCD.
Requirements, Terms & Conditions:
• Complete the CCD scholarship application
• Enroll in at least 6 credit hours, and maintain a 2.5 GPA
• Demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA or CASFA
• Maintain satisfactory academic progress at CCD
• Accept the scholarship’s terms & conditions through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Day.
• Write a “Thank You” letter and upload it through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Day.
• Upload a digital image of yourself
• Submit the Photo/Video Release Form
• Provide a short bio of yourself, including your hometown, any hobbies or interesting facts, and skills/talents that you have that may set you apart from others. This is your scholarship brag bio, so include anything you would like the donor to know about you