The Gene Haas Scholarship
In 1999, Gene Haas founded the Gene Haas Foundation. Growing up with a strong social conscience instilled by his family, Haas initially formed the foundation to fund the needs of the local community. Haas is the owner of Haas Automation, Inc., America’s leading builder of CNC machine tools, which he started in 1983. It is now a billion-dollar company and the purpose of the foundation is to build skills in the machining industry by providing scholarships for CNC Machine Technology students and NIMS Credentials.
Requirements, Terms & Conditions:
• Complete the CCD scholarship application
• Demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA or CASFA or being in the process of completing the FAFSA or CASFA.
• Maintain satisfactory academic progress at CCD and have a minimum GPA of 2.0
• Enroll in the machining or engineering program
• Students in their second year of the CNC Manufacturing program will be given priority
• Write an essay explaining your skills and interest in a CNC machining career
• Accept the scholarship’s terms & conditions through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Date.
• Write a “Thank You” letter and upload it through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Date.