Financial Literacy First Scholarship Fund
The Financial Literacy First Scholarship Fund is a needs-based scholarships to students at the Community College of Denver (CCD) who meet the criteria below. .This will be a scholarship for $1,000/student/semester, available to one CCD student. The award may be available to the same awardee for two semesters.
REQUIREMENTS, TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Complete the CCD scholarship application
• Demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA
• Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 10 credit hours per semester that the scholarship is received.
• Applicants must have earned a high school diploma or GED and have (and maintain) a GPA of at least 3.0.
• Maintain satisfactory academic progress at CCD
• Applicant must take ‘Basics of Budgeting, Savings, and Credit’ class (in person or virtual) OR have successfully completed ‘Financial IQ’ class at their high school.
o NOTE: CCD students may take this class at no charge through a code provided by the donor.
• Accept the scholarship’s terms & conditions through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Date.
• If chosen as finalist, the applicant will be required to complete an application through Financial Literacy First and complete an interview with their Board of Directors.
• Awardees will be required to complete 8 hours of internship at one of several locations in Denver metro.
• Write a “Thank You” letter and upload it through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Date.
• Upload a digital image of yourself
• Submit the Photo/Video Release Form
• Write a short bio of yourself, including your hometown, any hobbies or interesting facts, and skills/talents that you have that may set you apart from others. This is your scholarship brag bio, so include anything you would like the donor to know about you