Wana Brands Foundation ‘Close the Gap’ Scholarship
This will be a scholarship for up to $3,000/student/semester, available to students enrolled full-time in AAS in Cannabis Business program or the BAS in Cannabis Science program, until completion of program. Students do not need to re-apply for scholarship dollars each semester, but must meet requirements below and complete AAS program in 2.5 years or BAS program in 5 years in order to receive award.
The purpose of the donation is to provide needs-based scholarships to students at the Community College of Denver (CCD) who meet the criteria below. The Foundation defines “financial need” or “need” as the difference between the cost of attendance and the expected family contribution (referred to as the “EFC”).This scholarship may cover tuition, books, and fees.
The following selection criteria will determine the finalists for this scholarship:
- Students with unmet financial needs to support their education journey in the cannabis industry.
- Women, BIPOC students, and individuals who are underrepresented in higher education and business are encouraged to apply.
- Students who are currently enrolled in the AAS in Cannabis Business Program or the BAS in Cannabis Science and Operations program and working toward a long-term career in the cannabis industry.
- Students who take a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Students must demonstrate SAP and remain in good standing to qualify for future semesters of program and scholarship funding