Mel Carter Art Scholarship
A request from the estate of former fine arts professor Mel Carter established this endowment and honors his legacy while celebrating outstanding CCD art students. The Mel Carter Art Scholarship is awarded to a talented visual arts student currently enrolled at CCD and selected by visual arts faculty who meet annually to develop and review criteria for the award.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of talent and not on need to one or more promising students majoring in either visual arts or graphic design.
- Candidates must have declared major in either Visual Arts or Graphic Design
- Candidates must submit a formal letter of interest
- Candidates must submit a digital portfolio of his/her work for review
- Recipient(s) must complete the CCD scholarship application
- Accept the scholarship’s terms and conditions through CCD’s scholarship portal.
- Write a "Thank You letter and upload it through CCD’s scholarship portal.
- Accept the scholarship’s terms & conditions through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Day
- Upload a digital image of yourself
- Submit the Photo/Video Release Form
- Provide a short bio of yourself, including your hometown, any hobbies or interesting facts, and skills/talents that you have that may set you apart from others. This is your scholarship brag bio, so include anything you would like the donor to know about you
- The Mel Carter Art Scholarship
- Supplemental Questions
- Provide Letter of Interest
- Please upload Word or PDF ONLY
- Digital Portfolio
- Please provide Link in which we can view your work