In 2014, the Colorado legislature committed $35 million to establish the Colorado Department of Education’s COSI Scholarship to boost attainment of postsecondary credentials. The scholarship is provided through a matching grant with the Foundation for Colorado Community Colleges.
In order to receive the COSI scholarship, you will need to meet and maintain the following requirements:
• Enroll in a minimum of 6 credits
• Be a Colorado resident.
• Maintain 2.0 GPA or higher.
• Demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) and have a qualifying
Estimated Family Contribution (EFC). (The Financial Aid Office can help you apply and check to see if you qualify.
• Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress at CCD.
• Read and accept the scholarship’s terms & conditions through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Date.
• Write a “Thank You” letter and upload it through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Date.
• Upload a digital image of yourself
• Submit the Photo/Video Release Form
• Provide a short bio of yourself, including your hometown, any hobbies or interesting facts, and skills/talents that you have that may set you apart from others. This is your scholarship brag bio, so include anything you would like the donor to know about you